THEME: Current Challenges in Aphasia Therapy
DATE: 13−15 June, 2019
VENUE: Turku, Finland
The overarching theme of the next conference is “Current Challenges in Aphasia Therapy”. Our goal is to cover challenges arising from increasing number of multilingual individuals as clients in speech therapy as well as those of using new technologies (including telerehabilitation).
We are currently constructing the programme. We are delighted to inform that we have the following confirmed speakers:
Multilingualism and aphasia:
- Prof. Jubin Abutalebi (Università Vita-Salute San Raffaele, Italy)
- Dr. Monica Norvik (University of Oslo; Statped, Department of Speech and Language Disorders; Department of Language and Literature, NTNU, Norway)
Technology-mediated aphasia therapy:
- Dr. Annie Hill (University of Queensland, Australia)
- Prof. Ulla Konnerup (Aalborg University, Denmark)
- Prof. Matti Lehtihalmes (University of Oulu, Finland)
- Speech and Language Therapist, MA, Johanna Naamanka (Coronaria, Finland)
Special note: We will open a call for two different types of poster presentations, namely scientific and clinical. We would like to inform that we strongly encourage not only scientists but also clinicians to submit abstracts for poster presentations on challenging clinical issues.